Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default Insulation knock in plastic fixings (peg into tube)

On 22 Aug, 17:31, "js.b1" wrote:
On Aug 22, 3:51 pm, Jim K wrote:

js.b1@ntlworld wrote:
I think I will go with the hammer-in fixings, 40mm celotex should
solve that icy box-room solid wall.

I reckon very much yes.

It is 2 outside walls with a nearby T-junction which is in almost
compass-perfect with the prevailing wind, so it gets a jet-blast of
air... leaves... flying cats... waste paper... junk mail...
postman :-)

the effect here was excellent and so as I am working my way around
this ol' house I have done the same with various "newer" insualted
pboards - just got to work on the draughts a bit but the stoves need
an air supply....;)

The good thing about internal insulation is the very fast warmup and
perceived comfort.

can you measure comfort any other way??

Jim K