Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Sink Drains Update

Kate wrote in
:

On 8/20/2010 5:45 AM, keith wrote:
On Aug 20, 6:24 am, wrote:
Kate wrote:
On 8/18/2010 11:16 PM, Kate wrote:
I am having my bathrooms remodeled and would like to keep my
sinks, but replace the metal drains.

Is this easy to do, or do I risk cracking the sink basin?

Many thanks.

Kate

Everyone:

Thanks so much for all of your great feedback. I went to Home
Depot today and I purchased three sinks, and three new faucets. I
decided I did not want to put money into new cabinets and vanity
tops, and use the old sinks. The sinks were only $39 each, and
almost like what I have.
I just felt this makes it all so much easier.

I will need to hire a plumber anyway to install the faucets.

Faucets are easy too. Put them on the sink (through the countertop
holes) before you put in the sink. Once the sink is in, just
connect the supply lines on the faucet to the water inlets.

Install the supply lines on the mixing valves before placing the sink
in the counter. Dry fit everything before permanently mounting the
sink. It makes it even easier. No plumber needed.

You make it sound easy. I may just try this. Thanks.

Before you start, make sure the valves under the sink are not frozen and
that they shut the water totally off. If any of that is an issue you may
have to shut all the water off either at the meter or the valve right
after the meter.