Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Ground zero mosque.

On Aug 22, 7:14*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
wrote:

-snip-

together people. * So, why is it that in the face of 70% opposition to
what he wants to do, he refuses to talk even with the governor of NY
about possible solutions that would put the mosque somewhere else?
Now, why would that be? * *One possible answer: *Because in Islam
there is the concept of victory mosques that they like to build to
celebrate their victories in new conquered territory.

I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me where it says that in the
Koran-- or where any Islamic expert has made that claim. * * I've
heard the Beck/O'Reilly/Hannity crew repeat it often-- *but so far I
haven't seen any evidence that it is true.

I see. Only the koran or an Islamic expert are acceptable sources.
I guess that's why you reject the Ed Bradley interview with the imam
in the days following 911 where he said the USA was an accessory to
911. Or where he refused to weigh in on whether Hamas was a terrorist
organization while on WABC a couple months ago.

Here's a link that gives you a list of mosques that have been built
either following a Muslim military victory, in celebration thereof, or
that were part of driving out another religion.

http://www.globalpost.com/webblog/is...victory-mosque

Just use the link as a starting point and then do a bit of googling on
the individual mosques and see how and when they came to be.

"I think New Yorkers ought to be grateful. America should be
grateful.In every other place in the world when the Moslems erect a
Victory Mosque they do it on the exact site of the important and
central cultural symbols they are trying to erase, replace and show
they conquered for Islam.Whether the Bari mosque in India, the Fethiye
Camii in Turkey, the Ummayad Mosque in Damascus, the Qutub Minar in
Afghanistan, the Asqa Mosque in the Hague (formerly a Synagogue), and
of course all in Israel: the Al Asqa Mosque/ al-Haram ash-Sharif, the
Mosque in Tomb of the Patriarchs, the mosque attached to the Rambam
shul (Hurva), to name just a few well known examples (and there are
plenty more examples from all around the world).In fact, this practice
started with Muhammad himself when he conquered Mecca in the year 630
and converted the Ka’aba into a central Islamic site. "

We're all supposed to be soooo tolerant to Muslims. Yet, with two
thirds of Americans against building that mosque at that location,
where is their interest in some tolerance and compromise with us?
Hmmm? And why is it that non-Muslims are forbidden from even
setting foot in Mecca? Muslims can go to the Vatican, can't they?

-snip-

saying, "Well, that's their first ammendment right...." * *Actually,
it probably won't happen, because it's unlikely the mosque will ever
be built. * For starters, you won't find a construction crew in nyc
that will built it.

New York is a very big [and diverse] city.

Rudy Guliani got a chuckle out of that. * *Some hardhats came up to
him in an airport to tell him how it wouldn't be built because the
unions would stick together on it. * Rudy said he'd been in NY long
enough to know that if a building was being built, there would be no
shortage of workers. *[saw it on one of last Sunday's talking-head
shows]

Jim

Why don't you tell us what Rudy has said about building the mosque
near ground zero.