Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT Ground zero mosque.

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

Maybe if that new church is on PA-land, the PANYNJ does have a say.
But that is then evidence of the folly of having 2 states (or 3?)
yield their power to an authority that is not really responsive to
the people ...

You're probably right. This opens another question: How could the New
York Port Authority obtain ownership of the land in the first place?
The PA was established in 1921, some 90 years after the church was
built.

I guess they could have obtained ownership by imminent domain...

I'm not a member of the Orthodox Church, but I can still recognize the
shabby treatment they've received. I can also hold up that treatment
in contrast to the toady accommodations seemingly rendered to the
adherents of another religion.

I'm pretty sure the land was obtained by eminent domain for the original
World Trade Center construction. I wasn't aware of that church's
maltreatment, but in NY anything is possible.

--
Best regards
Han