Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Ground zero mosque.

In article ,
"JimT" wrote:

"
That wouldn't impact this case anyway. The hooha (at least so far)
is based on generic historic buildings rules and regs. Nothing in the
act says that religious institutions get a bye on rules made for
everyone. Just that they can't single out a religion.

I guess I'm not following you. It's just saying the zoning board (or any
other govt agency) can't deny the right to build based on religion. Sure, if
no one could build a church there then there wouldn't be a problem. I
apologize if I'm missing something obvious. g

Jim

I was just saying that law would not be part of the Mosque case
anyway. As currently being argued, anyway, it based on laws that apply
to all buildings. Since this doesn't single out religious buildings, or
the buildings of a specific religious group, it won't be involved in
this particular fight. Much like this law couldn't be used to supercede
any zoning height restrictions if someone wanted to put a too tall
minaret on a mosque.
My writing sometimes manages to obscure the obvious (g).

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist