Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Ground zero mosque.

Han wrote:

Maybe if that new church is on PA-land, the PANYNJ does have a say.
But that is then evidence of the folly of having 2 states (or 3?)
yield their power to an authority that is not really responsive to
the people ...

You're probably right. This opens another question: How could the New York
Port Authority obtain ownership of the land in the first place? The PA was
established in 1921, some 90 years after the church was built.

I guess they could have obtained ownership by imminent domain...

I'm not a member of the Orthodox Church, but I can still recognize the
shabby treatment they've received. I can also hold up that treatment in
contrast to the toady accommodations seemingly rendered to the adherents of
another religion.