Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25139 Ignoramus25139 is offline

Default More mill progress

Using Dad's help, put the rear "skirt" back on the mill. Also put back
the fiberglass drain tub. With the tub, I can use lots more
coolant. Tidied up many cables.

The "new PC" that I assembled, very small in size that could fit into
the control cabinet, is all ready, except that one memory stick is bad
and so I have to send the entire memory back to Newegg for
replacement. So back to using the original old PC.

Tomorrow I will remove a lot of unnecessary cables going to the
pendant, to free up room for power cable for the monitor, keyboard and
mouse cables etc. (right now I use a wireless KB, but will change that
back to wired KB and separate trackball, for extra reliability). That
would let me properly wire the remaining buttons on the pendant
(pause, play and one step).

I will also put an audio jack for the touch probe on the pendant. I
still have only the vaguest idea how to use the probe.