Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Sink Drains Update

On 8/20/2010 2:48 PM, aemeijers wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 1:47 am, Kate wrote:
On 8/18/2010 11:16 PM, Kate wrote:

I am having my bathrooms remodeled and would like to keep my sinks, but
replace the metal drains.
Is this easy to do, or do I risk cracking the sink basin?
Many thanks.
Kate
Everyone:

Thanks so much for all of your great feedback. I went to Home Depot
today and I purchased three sinks, and three new faucets. I decided I
did not want to put money into new cabinets and vanity tops, and use the
old sinks. The sinks were only $39 each, and almost like what I have.

I just felt this makes it all so much easier.

I will need to hire a plumber anyway to install the faucets.

Thanks again. What a great group of knowledgeable people.

Thanks for posting the update. I often wonder how something turned
out afterward, but people rarely post an update. Glad it worked out
for you.

Splurging once in a while is okay, especially for stuff you will be
staring at 2-3 times a day. If the old sinks are basically sound, please
don't trash them- donate them to Habitat ReStore or similar. Some poor
DIY or landlord will use them to upgrade a bathroom that was even worse
than yours, so two people will benefit from your purchase. It's a karma
thing.

True. I am giving them to an elderly couple I know that own a log cabin
apartment building. This man is 84 and works night and day on his
building. It is quite the show place, and he is pleased as punch to get
them. He even likes the faucets. The pride he takes in this building
is amazing. While I am sure he can afford new ones, I just feel good
about doing this. They are good people.