Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT When in police interrogation room, do you:

On Aug 20, 9:08*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I intended it for a group where several of us ex- and current law
enforcement officers hang out. I assure you that I/we/they think it's
entertaining, but of course cops have a wildly different sense of
humor from that of normal folk. I used to introduce myself as
"...I'm in solid waste disposal. I'm a deputy sheriff."

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

Ex.

My observation is that people are funny.

My observation is that cops aren't smart enough to realize they're acting
EXACTLY like cops did in the Soviet Union, under a regime which true
Americans were supposed to abhor.

For instance, no matter what you're pulled over for, cops often ask where
you're coming from and/or where you're headed next. That's really none of
their friggin' business, which is why the absolute best way to deal with a
cop is absolute silence. Why not? The law protects our right to do that.

In the UK they say"Are you the owner of this vehicle?"