Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT When in police interrogation room, do you:

On Aug 20, 6:25*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

You're an ex- or present cop? That explains a lot.

HeyBub's only mentioned that 100 times, Joe, where have you been? But
it's not the least bit ironic that law enforcement personnel are widely
despised by the general public. They started it. The city cops around
here treat everyone like pond scum, while prancing around in their skin
tight gestapo uniforms and knee-high leather boots. Then they wonder why
the referendum to fund a new police station went down to defeat 87-13.

I don't despise them as much as I pity some of them because they're idiots.
In my neighborhood, they've completely bungled several burglary
investigations, two of them because the cops didn't understand the law and
had absolutel no common sense. And recently, I was pulled over after making
a turn off an exit ramp onto a local road. The cop described the way he saw
me do it and hinted that there was something wrong. I asked him to describe
it again. What he described was a perfectly executed turn. I reached into my
glove box, pulled out the NY driver's manual, turned to the page where it
showed that I did the turn perfectly, and handed him the book. He mumbled
something, went back to his car and pretended to do something important for
a couple of minutes, and then let me go.

The last time I got pulled over (in the UK) it was for driving too
slowly. It was snowing heavily, I was passing close to parked cars, I
was passing a pub where several drunks were jumping about and my turbo-
charger was cold.
Our cops are not very smart either. Which is why we call them plods.

Beezebub's OT posts are usually interesting even if he is mad.
It's interesting plumbing the depths of his madness :-)