Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default White Phosphorus IS Illegal. Who is selling it to Israel?

On Aug 21, 2:01*pm, Han wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote :

Where can I get five galons of white phosphorous to paint my house?

Please, check your spelling.
FYI, white phosphorus is a solid. *Very soft, you can cut it easily with a
knife. *Old-time demonstration of its properties was taking it out from the
oil that prevents moisture from setting it off, cutting a little piece off,
and throwing that into water. *Chemistry teachers have to respect it, or
otherwise ...

--
Best regards
Han

Afraid not. White phosporus is stored under water.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorus#Precautions
You're thinking of sodium, potassium or calcium.
I remember the demo. when I was at school.