Rob V

Default Wood Mag. Mobile Tool Base

Is that the same one that from the wood plans web site?

I looked at that - and made if from the pic.
Its pretty good - didnt like the wheel lock mechinisim - so I just used
locking casters instead.

I just started welding - so my next one I just made for my bandsaw I did
from metal - much better.

Also - b/c of the way the wheels are - it sticks out a bit on both sides -
not a big deal for something like a jointer - but for the bandsaw - its not
that pratical.

just my .02 cents.

Its really sturdy for the jointer - no complaints w/ it.

"klklimes" wrote in message
newseLLb.10186$na.9151@attbi_s04...
Has anyone built the mobile tool base from Wood Magazine issue #100? If

so,
how well does it work? I'm concerned that it will still move even with the
casters locked. Does anyone know of any other plans for mobile bases?

Thanks!

Kevin