Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Samsung LTN325W 32"LCD TV video tearing

On Aug 20, 4:08*pm, "Gordon S. Hlavenka" wrote:
Color is a bit flat, with noticeable shadows to the right of images.
Sometimes clears up on its own after an hour or so. *I'm haven't been
inside a TV in quite a while -- certainly not these newfangled LCD
things

The data to an LCD display doesn't have intrinsic left-to-right top-to-
bottom
time sequencing like the old TV or CRT monitor; I'd look for the input
video source for the problem. Analog (RCA connector video or
VGA) sources might have coupling capacitors for DC restoration,
and those can fail to cause this kind of artifact.