Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Ground zero mosque.

On Aug 20, 12:37*pm, "
wrote:
Han wrote:
"JimT" wrote in
tnet:

"Han" wrote in message
. ..
snip

I'm against organized religion (for myself), but archbishop Dolan of
New York said that it was similar to a catholic proposal to build a
nunnery next to Auschwitz. *That was insensitive too, and was moved
quite a distance away, if it got built at all. *So Dolan proposed
also to move this
quite nice community center some disance further from GZ.

My thoughts on the subject are almost identical to Dolan's.

For the record - I think that all those who said this was a freedom
of religion issue, if all ordinances were followed, are right. *I
also think, as many do, that it is a bit insensitive to stick your
nose that close. snip
The 106th congress removed all doubt as to whether or not it is a
freedom of religion issue:

http://www.rluipa.com/index.php/article/398.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Establi...First_Amendmen

Legally the opponents of the mosque don't have a chance.

Jim

I also think that legally the opponents of the cultural center don't have
a chance. *But this is a sensitivity issue, and the proponents have not
been cultivating the appropriate people properly, at least according to
what I read. *They should have had dialog with groups possibly against
their plan, rather than ignoring them. *Probably too late now to start
that dialog. *It's a pity that muslims could not have been included in
the GZ plans better. *After all, muslims died in the disaster just like
atheists, hindus and christians (note lower case).

Sensitivity? *BS! *All of the idiots with islamaphobia should get an rx
to treat paranoia. *Sensitivity in NYC is a freaking oxymoron. *Grief
and loss are to be respected, at all times. *Where is the community
center allowed to be to comply with "sensitivity", and who decides? *The
US got hit, and hit hard, but it has happened before and will happen
again in some regard. *Two billion Muslims in the world, and 19 are
allowed to change how we think about the rest? *That is nonsense, and
the sensitivity bull crap is just another expression of prejudice, just
like the "Obama is a Muslim" and "Obama was born in Kenya" nonsense.

As if that were all there is to it. What about the fact that the
Imam behind the mosque went on 60 Minutes in the days after the 911
attack and called the USA an "accomplice"? What about the fact that
when asked if Hamas is a terrorist organization, he refuses to
answer? Seems a little strange, no? He has no problem in calling
the USA an accomplice, but won't call out Hamas? Where is the
$100mil funding for this mosque going to come from? How about the
fact that the Imam wants to see the USA move more toward compliance
with sharia law?

Funny how instead of addressing the real issues, some guys just want
to play the prejudice card.

Folks who vote on the basis of nonsense are what really scare me to
death, just as when Bill Clinton's sex life was an urgent national
issue.

Bill Clinton's sex life was never the issue. Perjury under oath was
the core legal issue. And from a moral and political perspective,
there are fortunately still a lot of us that don't want the oval
office disgraced by using it for sex with an intern.

*There are a lot of TV preachers, of all stripes...I think it
would be a big hit to have TV psychiatrists treating political paranoia,
along with some Prozac in the water supply )- Hide quoted text -