Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry Mike Henry is offline

Default Mini CNC..Califonria

"Ignoramus11290" wrote in message
On 2010-08-20, Mike Henry wrote:
Tormach has their own quick change tool system (TTS) that uses a special
R-8
3/4" collet. The system allows for presetting tool length so that tools
don't have to be re-zeroed in Z on each change. They have a power draw
bar
out for a while now and seem to be getting close to releasing a
carousel-type ATC. I'm told that quite a few owners use the mills in a
commercial environment, so that may be the driver for an ATC.

How is this mill working for you Mike? I was kind of impressed when I
saw it. Stop by one day to see mine.

I've made a lot of good parts with it and the company support has been great
so I'm still very happy with it. I'm hoping that they come out with a 5-C
capable CNC lathe sooner or later. That would make a nice companion in the
basement shop.

I'd like to stop by one day and check out your mill. Work has been very
frantic lately, but it might ease off in a month or two.