Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default OT When in police interrogation room, do you:

"J O E" wrote in message

Regarding police attitude - I've had a few traffic citations over the
years for violations I've clearly been guilty of ... some issued with
few words exchanged.

But I've more often than not, been given a break, like the time I was
doing 75 in a residential/business neighborhood, zoned at 25 mph.

On my way to work at 5:00 AM, when the city wasn't even awake yet, I
clocked 75 every morning to time the lights perfectly, and got away with
it for a long while - there was never another vehicle in sight.

Destined to happen, I caught the bubble gum machine flashing blue and
red lights of a police cruiser in my rear view mirror one morning.

Cop says, "Where ya headed?"

Told him I was on my way to work - he told me to slow it down, and
walked away.

My personal contact with LEO's has always found 99% of them to be
business like ... and polite.

Doesn't hurt to treat a cop like a human being, either.

Joe

One of my more interesting ones involved a cop telling me that I was doing
60 in a 30 zone. I was driving an 82 Toyota Tercel 4 cyl. He he'd seen me
waiting at a red light and that he'd hit me with the radar gun about 100
feet from the light. Clearly, that was absurd, since there's no way that
Tercel could accelerate from 0 to 60 in 100 feet. But it didn't matter. He
lied to the judge. The judge wasn't interested in mathematics, just money.

But on the other hand, I was fairly clocked doing 85 in a 55 zone and I was
on the way home from a gun range, so my handgun (in holster) was on the seat
next to me. The lady trooper looked at it and said "license & registration,
please, and leave that right where it is." Very businesslike. No big deal.