Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Need a new TS rip blade.

wrote

I'm not buying that at all. The only way this is true is if the feed rate
is
proportional to the number of teeth. That is, the amount of work done by
each
tooth is the same on different blades. This obviously isn't true because
blade with more teeth (all else equal) will leave smaller scores in the
cut
(smaller bites).

Not buying it.

If you're sawing raw planks, perhaps.

I have only one question. Have you tried an eight tooth blade for use in
cutting hard to cut wood, so hard to cut that it is close to the limit of
what your saw can cut at decent feed rates?

If the answer is no, you are only guessing about what I have written about.

If you don't buy that, then that is your loss.

I know of what I speak. So do a few others.

So, come back and say you don't buy it after you have tried it. Until then,
well....
--
Jim in NC