Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Self locking folding hinge

"john hamilton" wrote in message

I searched and read the preferred wood for making aircraft is Douglas Fir,
so i thought that would be good for this stick. (good strength to weight
ratio) but I guess that is difficult to buy already cut to size here in
London. U.K.? Would some kind of building grade plywood be stronger, I
wonder?

Hickory would be good.

The tricky part would be some *self-locking* hinge. Does such a hinge now
exist? I remember very many years ago seeing such a thing (I think on
something agricultural). Would be grateful if anyone had advice on this.
Thanks.

How about the screw-together joint for a billiard cue?