Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Sink Drains Update

On 8/20/2010 5:26 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 20, 1:47 am, wrote:
On 8/18/2010 11:16 PM, Kate wrote:

I am having my bathrooms remodeled and would like to keep my sinks, but
replace the metal drains.

Is this easy to do, or do I risk cracking the sink basin?

Many thanks.

Kate

Everyone:

Thanks so much for all of your great feedback. I went to Home Depot
today and I purchased three sinks, and three new faucets. I decided I
did not want to put money into new cabinets and vanity tops, and use the
old sinks. The sinks were only $39 each, and almost like what I have.

I just felt this makes it all so much easier.

I will need to hire a plumber anyway to install the faucets.

Thanks again. What a great group of knowledgeable people.

Thanks for posting the update. I often wonder how something turned
out afterward, but people rarely post an update. Glad it worked out
for you.

Thanks. I will let you know how the project turned out after it is
finished. I am still getting bids, and it will take about a month to
get the cabinets.