Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne C. Gramlich[_2_] Wayne C. Gramlich[_2_] is offline

Default Mini CNC..Califonria

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:24:29 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ignoramus12820" wrote in message

Bob said:
What is a decent quality small step up from my Taig.

Bob, I am not a big expert on this stuff, but Tormach seems to be the
next step up in quality above that Taig and similar machines.

Yes, it costs a lot more, but that's what you get if you want to buy
new quality goods (as opposed to spending months retrofitting using
parts from ebay).

I saw Mike Henry's Tormach and I was impressed with it.

I'll have to look again. I thought Tormach made gantry router machines.

http://www.tormach.com/ I'd never heard of them.

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

I'll throw another into the mix:

http://mikinimech.com/

When you are done outfitting a Tormach, it frequently crosses $10K.
The Mikini is fairly complete at $12.5K.

-Wayne