Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Follow-up on Golf-Cart charger

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:47:28 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

Seems like none of you know what the f you are doing, start by going
to www.batteryuniversity.com,

Thanks. Very difficult reading, but I"ll look some more. The new
owner will never read this stuff; she wasn't happy when I told her she
had to set the voltmeter at 20 to measure one battery and 200 for all
6. She said she'll leave it at 20 and measure each one. I didn't get
into the reasons that might not work as well.

try googling Battery maintenance, get a
quality V meter and quality Prism gravity hydrometer. You are ruining
batteries if you dont take care of them, you are not taking care of
them by guessing and relying on a charger.

The other manager used to have an electric golf cart but now has a
gasoline one. Maybe I'll ask her how long the batteries lasted, but
she might have forgotten by now.