Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Mini CNC..Califonria

You need to spend some time with these "junk" CNC controls as you seem
to thing they are, then perhaps you'll understand that they are not at
all "junk".

Steppers are *not* the big drawback you seem to think, as long as they
have been sized properly and you use the machine within it's ratings.

Pete, I don't think that at all about EMC. I recommended it to Iggy.
Its just that I know my control inside out and I like it. Now, I am
prejudiced against steppers. I tried them and got burned. Servos are
cheaper and better. And i am plum spoilt with a ton of I/O.

I'm really just looking for iron that can go in an upstairs bedroom.
And I want it as rigid as my Matsuura bedmill VBG

Karl