Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calla Calla is offline

Default how much to point a house

On 19 Aug, 22:05, Tabby wrote:
On Aug 18, 11:07*pm, Calla wrote:

Hi folks. I think I need some of the pointing doing on my house. There
are little patches here and there that look like they need doing so I
ws wondering if it's possible to just get the patches done or will it
look funny and am I better off getting the whole house done?
If I get it all done, does anyone have any idea how much it might cost
to get an average, brick built semi done so i have some general idea
of the cost?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Andy.

Modernish house, or old soft bricks? If the latter, patch only,
matching the mortar - which isnt hard.

NT

It's a 1930's semi so old soft bricks I reckon. I've never squeezed
one so don't really know
I've been having a bit of a better look today an there's quite a few
patches here and there so it would probably be worth just getting the
whole lot done. Some bits are quite bad and the mortar has come right
out of the gap, leaving nothing between the bricks but space, so it
needs sorting sharpish.
Had it been just a few bits I'd have had a go myself but this is too
much for me. I'd make it look a mess so sometimes I have to admit I'm
out of my depth.
Thanks for your replies - it's helped a lot.