Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Farewell, Green Bosch, you lasted long

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

I had a B&D drill for about 15 years which I rather liked, and it
had a very nicely made chuck. Gearbox on the drill failed though.
Anyway, just dug out the chuck and gave it to my dad, who had a
similar B&D drill, but with a less well made chuck which wore out.
These chucks have a 10mm threaded shaft to screw into the drill
(with a finer pitch than a standard M10 bolt), and don't seem that
easy to find anymore.

I have a couple of decent old Jacobs chucks fitted with SDS adapters -
very useful from time to time and much better than many of the more
modern items for build quality. They're still around if you look in
bootsales, etc, much like finding a sought-after lens on a Praktica.