Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Mini CNC..Califonria

I have to disagree with you here, the Sieg X2 mini-mill is a decent
machine and probably one of the best in it's size class. The X3 is
particularly nice.

You have to remember two things:

- Not everyone works on large scale stuff, some people like to only work
on "model" sized parts.

- Not everyone has the room for a larger machine, even the Tormach ones,
much less your Bridgeport. An X2 or X3 based mill can readily be setup
in an apartment extra bedroom for example.

In the not too distant future, I'll be spending most my time in a
small setting with only an extra bedroom for a shop. I've kind of
looked at the syil X6. is this the same as sieg? have you seen this
mill?

I'd want to toss the steppers and put on a pro quality CNC control. Do
you happen to know of a 1000 lb. class CNC mill that would be older
and thus possible to buy with a dead control?

Karl