Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Mini CNC..Califonria

"Ignoramus12820" wrote in message
On 2010-08-19, Bob La Londe wrote:
Maybe, but I have already made some parts with the Taig in that category.
motor mount really is not that complicated of a part, and it really does
not
have to be as precise as its possible to make it. Lovejoys and helical
couplers are both pretty forgiving. I've finally got the Taig dialed in
the point where I can run it for 30-40 hours unattended, although I
really
should stop and adjust it every 20, and for a very precise part every
8-10.

This is extremely nice!

I thought I would mention that the mounting pattern for most of the common
motor sizes can be found on-line so you do not need to take the time work it
up totally from scratch. Just download the file and plug it into your CAM
software. I measured mine and worked it up from scratch because most of
those available on-line were in metric and I am more comfortable working in
inch dimensions.
I also do not trust letting the CAM swap back and forth between metric and
inch measurements. I'm sure its fine, but with your approach to g-coding
I'm sure you understand a little about not trusting everything to automatic
systems.