Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default Having a scratch repaired. Again and again...

On 19 Aug, 18:08, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
Jim K wrote:

FWIW I observed and had excellent results from a "chips away" type
block a couple of years ago - so good that he promptly became area
manager and then emigrated - the ******* ;))
He sorted a nasty scuff on a wheelarch, scratches on a door, scuffed
bumper on another, and other smaller bits and bobs - was here most of
a day, used my elec... but I thought it was £200 well spent - the
repairs were *undetectable*...

I was hoping he was going to try one of these types of outfits. I'm told
they can do wonders with scratches and chips.

Sadly, many seem to be fully employed going round secondhand car dealers
doing several cars at one visit, and can't be bothered with small one off
jobs.

Maybe tho I expect the tight-dealer-based jobs don't pay anywhere near
as well as a retail punter.....

Jim K