Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Limescale in toilet

harry wrote:
On 18 Aug, 18:45, "Matthew.Ridges" wrote:
I'm having a bit of a battle with limescal in a new toilet. Basically
just
put in a new toilet and limescale is building up at the bottom. I've
tried
limescale domestos products with no luck.

Any ideas what I can do to dicourage it from coming back or what I
can do to
get rid of it ?

Thanks

The only way of stopping it is to fit a water softener.

And to those who cant see the point in them, the fact that plumbing
lasts 5-10 times longer, and isn't cheap, is a handy reason to put one in.

I have never regretted mine for an instant.

I'll second that. Time saved cleaning is huge - only the drinking water
tap to remind me what scale and watermarks are about.