Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Tom Del Rosso[_3_] Tom Del Rosso[_3_] is offline

Default Core Memory

flipper wrote:

They at least got that part sort of right with Star Trek's M5. There
was *supposed* to be an 'off switch' but the loony computer 'protected
itself'. An obvious design flaw

Kind of fun watching Kirk out psych it, though.

More often than not, it is necessary to shoot the computer.

Killing a computer by shooting it:

The Squire of Gothos
That Which Survives
A Taste of Armageddon
The Apple
Who Mourns for Adonais?
Requiem for Methuselah

Killing a computer by confusing it:

The Ultimate Computer
The Return of the Archons
The Changeling
I, Mudd

The Colossus voice was
downright creepy.

I don't really remember it.

When I was a kid we had box fans in the windows with metal blades. I'd
speak lines into the fans to imitate Colossus. It doesn't work as well with
plastic fan blades.

zero, and remove the last word.