Reyd Dorakeen

Default computer in the shop

weird, I have an old Imac(1998), and i've beaten the hell out of the drive,
many force restarts(removing the power cord) and moved huge numbers of files
through it(I have several games which I install, and delete when I get bored
of them, along with zbrush and all my random drawings, so it has a lot of
erasing and writing, and it never died(it died once, but a little
reformatting fixed that)
Mike in Mystic wrote:

500 Gb RAID 0 hard drive set up

My laptop & desktop each lost a hard drive in the past 12 months. Bummer
reinstalling everything, and there were some things I didn't have backed
up... sigh

RAID 0 is "Striped Disk Array without Fault Tolerance." IMO this is too
risky. My next desktop will be mirrored hard drives at a minimum.

My $0.02

-- Mark