Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Technics SA-R210 Receiver

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:49:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have one of those and an SA-160. The 160 had a problem with cracked
solder joints on voltage regulator transistors on the main heatsink.
The 160 is a little odd to disassmble and I think the 210 is similar.
Got a digital camera?

Yup.

take lots of pics as you open it up so you can
get it back.

Will do.

You _might_ have a thermally intermittent power regulator
but bad (metal fatigue) solder is far more common.

Not sure when I'll be able to get to it. Too many irons
in the fire ...

So ... find the big heatsink. Voltage regulator is on
this unit? Remove regulator cover to find transistors and
possibly cracked joints??

Much Thanks,

No covers over the transistors, just bolted straight to the heatsink and
should be visible once the unit's case is off. Cracked-right-round joints on
any heatsink mounted devices are very common on Technics. Most models not
too bad to strip to the point where you can get to the underside of the
board. As the other poster said, take pics if not confident that you can
remember where all the screws go back.

Arfa