Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Momentum timer (From "re OT Sail downwind faster than the wind!on seb)

John Larkin wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:17:56 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 02:08:28 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

He hasn't commented on my estimate, in SED, that it would take about
100 us for the shock wave to cross the middle ball. And that JFs last
measurement was 100 us.

I don't care to get involved in the arguments between you two. I'm
busy rebuilding two business websites right now.

---
Good man! :-)

I try. Some friends needed help, so I offered to fix the problems.
What they have right now is bits and pieces of code that was copied from
other websites in an attempt to change the look of the websites. The
person that did it doesn't understand the finer details, and thinks that
Front Page is a good web tool. The rest of her code was done in Word,
with all the crap that MS adds to each line. Some of the revised pages
are less than 10% of the original size. She also laid everything out
for a very large format. Their server data shows a lot of older
browsers in use, so most people have to scroll both V & H to see each
page. I even came up with a trick to make a variable width logo for the
top of each page.

The Brat is redoing our web site. She tried using a couple of the
drag-and-drop web authoring things, didn't like them, so bought "HTML
for Dummies" and is doing it bare metal [1]. It's looking pretty good,
except for that ever-changing POS Internet Explorer, which requires a
heap of exception code for each of its versions.

How come everybody can write good browser code except for the world's
biggest software company?

I used a couple inch thick book to learn HTML right after I was laid
off in 2001. As far as I.E. goes, you either compromise on the
complexity or the appearance. of the site. If a page passes the w3c
tests, you can bet that it won't work with at least one browser. The
worst is the error list generated when you post a link to a page on
another website.

validator.w3.org

BTW, has she found http://www.cooltext.com or
http://www.buttonator.com yet? They create custom buttons and some