Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless Burglar Alarm

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:56:36 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article
,
jamesgangnc wrote:

I'd say do not bother with an alarm system. They almost never prevent
or stop anything. They have hundreds of thousands of false alarms to
one real one. Around here our local government has created a "fee" if
the police get called out to your house more than x times for a false
alarm. Find something else to "improve" your property with.

After my house was burglarized several years ago, a friend noted that
100 years ago it likely wouldn't have happened, because grampa would
have been sitting out in a rocking chair on the front porch with a
shotgun in his lap while I was at work. But gringos don't live in
families anymore.

....and the neighbors would have gramps locked up for rocking on the front
porch with a shotgun.