Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike De Petris Mike De Petris is offline

Default motherboard cpu power section check

On Aug 18, 6:47*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
Depends in the CMOS/BIOS. Some have very limited adjustments. Some might
have ACPI settings. So the thing doesn't boot on AC power? That's not a
software issue. That's a problem with onboard battery management. Or
possible a slight corruption in the BIOS code.

yes it boots with battery only, as soon as I connect the AC cord it
freezes, even in the BIOS, and if it is connected from the beginning
LEDs light up, fan starts, display flashes a while but nothing more

anyway, when I disable a CPU from device manager in safe mode, the pc
worked well all the day, even shutting down and restarting, until I
used a software tool to read ACPI temperatures, at that point it
suddenly powered off and all was like before