Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Deke[_4_] Deke[_4_] is offline

Default Opinions Requested - new 50"+ LCD TV

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
Well I'm going to replace my 11 yr old 51" Panasonic projector.
Not because it doesn't work, actually works very well. It's highest
resolution is 480p. I'll be shopping for a new LCD set equal in size
or slightly larger soon. Of course I want a great fast picture with
super high contrast. And reliability. I might spend around $3000 US.
What are some choices and their advantages?

Have you considered a DLP? Huge screens are available (80"), and the blacks
are incredible.
I bought a Mitsubishi 65", have had it for 2 years, no problems. They use
less electricity than a
LCD or plasma, and I'm still running on the original bulb (replacement cost,
around $100).
They also have a line of LCD sets, but they are pricey. There's also the
LaserVue line, a DLP
with a LED instead of a bulb. Check it out.