Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28889 Ignoramus28889 is offline

Default Strange Bridgeport problem, brake does not work

On 2010-08-18, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

Lloyd, I am not fully convinced that it is a valve problem. It is more
likely to be a cylinder problem, because air is leaking through
exhaust. I will try a troubleshooting technique that I mentioned to
try to isolate the issue.

The exhaust port of the cylinder? I thought it was double-acting, with a
4-way valve?

The cylinder is double acting. The pneumatic valve assembly has a
exhaust port with a muffler. All air is exhausted from there. Air was
leaking through that exhaust muffler.

If the cylinder's rings were leaking, you'd get that leak on both
strokes, not just on the extension.

I'm bettin' on a spool ring.

You may be right.

I will try to isolate the issue.