Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Momentum timer (From "re OT Sail downwind faster than the wind!on seb)

John Fields wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:37:59 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:32:09 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?JosephKK wrote:
??
?? On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:49:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?
?? ?John Fields wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? From the schematic:
?? ??
?? ?? 1. Set the DSO for a single sweep triggered by channel 1 going high.
?? ??
?? ?? 2. Pull M1 away from M2 and M3, which are just barely touching,
?? ?? and let them settle for a few seconds.
?? ??
?? ?? 3. Arm the DSO.
?? ??
?? ?? 4. Release M1 so that it hits M2 directly across from where M3 is
?? ?? touching M2.
?? ??
?? ?? 5. Read the time it took for channel 2 to go low after channel 1 went
?? ?? high. That'll be the time it took for the momentum accumulated by
?? ?? M1 to be transferred to M3.
?? ?
?? ?
?? ? It took a lot of balls to post that! ;-)
??
?? And they are brass to boot.
?
?
? From a brass monkey?

From Larkin, petrified from lack of use :-)

You can't petrify a brass monkey!

BTW, I just got one of these:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=R227-R&cpc=SCH

Sanyo R227 802.11g WiFi/Ethernet Internet Radio & Media Player
w/Alarm Clock (Black/Silver) $99.99

I figure that I'll save the price from the lower electric bill, and
won't need to have a computer on all the time. Sometimes I've had to
have two computers running to listen to streaming audio.

It has a line out, along with a headphone jack and a remote control.
The alarm clock sets itself on line, too.

---
Can't get much more off topic than that, huh?

Thanks, Michael...

I had just finished setting it up while I was replying to Jim.
'Strike while the iron is hot'! I'm listening to WSM out of Nashville
right now.