Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Opinions Requested - new 50"+ LCD TV

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:31:40 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Is plasma not an outgoing technology? And if it is what ramifications
would one expect for service?

Not at all. Several companies manufacture plasmas, and no one has said
anything about discontinuing them. Pioneer made expensive models, and
dropped out for several reasons, one of which was the bad economy.

Thanks for the reply. Panasonic is one of the handful I give serious
consideration.

No problemo. Perhaps others will have more-specific suggestions.

I assume you know to make sure the set is adjusted for normal viewing,
and not set at the "eye blasting" factory-default levels.

Yeah anything I viewed on display I would certainly take out of demo mode
or review the picture settings. At home I watch in low-light conditions.
I haven't turned a TV on here for 7 days. And then just to set up the
week's DVR recording. I might watch 10 hours a week so the new set will
gather dust.