Don

Default computer in the shop

"Jon Endres, PE" t wrote in
message et...
"Greg" wrote in message
I always stay off the bleeding edge of computer technology. It saves me

fortune.

I sorta have to stay somewhat near the bleeding edge, as I run Autocad on
three workstations in my office. One finally died, so it gave me the
justification (to myself, I guess) to buy new parts for two of them. So
now, what was a Pentium 700 (the dead one) and an old Celeron 350 are now
Athlon 2600+ with 1 GB memory, 80 Gb drives, and new CD-Rw's. Not leading
edge by any means, but they are ssssssmokin' fast compared to the old

ones.

Funny isn't it, the more you have the more you need.
I have 768mb of RAM and a 120gb HD but I want more, More, MORE!

Now I just need to scrape together my pennies for better monitors.

Just bought a Planar 19" LCD and have a 2nd one on order, and moved my (2)
old Hitachi 20" CRTs to another room.
I like the additional real estate on my desk. I had to keep my desk a foot
away from the wall.
Those Hitachi's were almost 28" deep and made my office hot! The Planar runs
cool.