Posted to alt.home.repair
millinghill millinghill is offline

Default Radiator pipe over electric panel

On Aug 17, 9:50*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 16, 10:06*pm, millinghill wrote:

Dear Readers,
My house was built in 1950's. *Directly over the (original) main
electrical fuse panel in the basement is a pipe that goes to the 1sr
floor baseboard (all original plumbing). *And I mean directly: it's 7"
above the top of the panel.

I plan to have the main electrical fuse panel upgraded to circuit
breakers in the future, and will likley be required by the utility co
to have the local building inspector review my my licensed
electrician's work before the utility co will restore power.

If the electrical work passes, would the inspector cite me for a
violation of this existing condition (pipe over electrical panel) and
delay approval until I have the pipe moved?

Any similar experiences/situations appreciated.
Theodore

How high is the pipe above the floor, and does it impede access to the
panel at all?
The required clearances:http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachmen...2796-laundry-t...

For such things, searching Google and clicking on the Images link at
the top will give you pictorial results, which can be scanned a lot
faster.

R- Hide quoted text -

Top of electrical panel: 6ft 7inch
Pipe: 7ft 1inch
Does not impede access to panel at all.
However, my understanding of the code is that it's not an access
issue, but simply that plumbing just cannot be around the panel...
period.