Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radiator pipe over electric panel

On Aug 16, 10:06*pm, millinghill wrote:
Dear Readers,
My house was built in 1950's. *Directly over the (original) main
electrical fuse panel in the basement is a pipe that goes to the 1sr
floor baseboard (all original plumbing). *And I mean directly: it's 7"
above the top of the panel.

I plan to have the main electrical fuse panel upgraded to circuit
breakers in the future, and will likley be required by the utility co
to have the local building inspector review my my licensed
electrician's work before the utility co will restore power.

If the electrical work passes, would the inspector cite me for a
violation of this existing condition (pipe over electrical panel) and
delay approval until I have the pipe moved?

Any similar experiences/situations appreciated.
Theodore

If you are having an electrician do the work he will know if the pipe
has to be moved or not. Any decent electrician is going to want to
look at the job and should factor in the pipe issue into his price
quote. Make sure you point it out and make sure he has included
dealing with it. SInce the pipe is not part of the new electrical
work it's hard to say if the local inspector would require it be moved
or not.