Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default Simple High Voltage supply question

John Larkin wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:50:59 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Tim Williams wrote:
"John Larkin" wrote in
message ...
Note the 2M output resistor!
That's supposed to be 2M? I was a bit confused and just ignored it since
it's labeled as 2*m*...

Tim

Sorry, not my schematic and i did not look carefully: 2 milliohms is
absurd in a high voltage application

It's amazing how many really terrible schematics you can find on the
web. Many are hilarious. Somebody should do a collection of the, umm,
best.

John

At least, with your helpful comments, i managed to get it working
reasonably well.
At 50V supply (C5 voltage), get 580V no load and 480V 10Meg load; not
too bad - and supply current was roughly 1mA (i and i mean roughly as
the PS i used has a crude current meter with +/- 1mA resolution).