Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,sci.electronics.repair

Default Best solder free electrical connection

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:43:08 +0100, "john hamilton"
wrote:

I have to connect this AAA battery holder to a toy. Although I have a small
soldering iron, my soldering skills are poor. I can see myself easily
melting all the plastic around the contacts before I can get anything to
stick to the tabs. (The part of the tabs with the small hole will bend
upwards giving some clearence).

http://tinypic.com/r/iqx3pf/4

My immediate plan is to poke a few strands of wire through the holes in the
connection tabs twist and then apply some nail varnish to stop it unwinding.
Since its a toy it does not need to be totally foolproof.

If anyone had any ideas that were a bit more sophisticated I would be
gratefull. Thanks.

Bad idea. The nail varnish is an insulator, and is likely to wick back
into the (non) connection.