Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Best solder free electrical connection

In article ,
"john hamilton" wrote:

Although I have a small
soldering iron, my soldering skills are poor.

John-

Soldering appears to me to be the best solution. Invite a friend to do
the soldering. Bend the tab up first, and solder quickly to minimize
melting the plastic underneath. The plastic should become firm again
after it cools.

What about threading tiny self-tapping screws into the holes in the
rivets that connect the lugs to the contacts?

Fred