Larry Jaques

Default Delta mobile base?

On 09 Jan 2004 16:08:31 GMT, ntiSpam (NoNameAtAll)
brought forth from the murky depths:

Mobile bases are awfully expensive, but Harbor Freight used to sell one for
less than $20 that came with a few metal pieces and then required you to supply
some wood to complete it and customize the size. Unfortunately it doesn't look

I have one of those and they work OK. I think they used to go
for $40 and were on sale at 50% off.

like HF offers this thing any longer. However, I was at a friend's house and
noticed that he has a bunch of Delta mobile bases that look almost identical to
the old HF ones. He received them as a gift and didn't know where they were
purchased. Has anyone else seen these? It sounds like a great way to save some
money and still get the mobility I need for a couple large power tools in my
shop.

All I see there now are the expensive type at $60. Hmmm...

Out of curiosity, I was going to try Northern Tool but instead
dialed in "homier mobile base" and found the base. It looks like
the same type HFT sold a couple years ago but for $2 less money!
http://www.homier.com/itemdetail.asp?i=04529&c=53

Their roller stands look like a good $15 deal, too.
http://www.homier.com/itemdetail.asp?i=04677&c=53
The HFT rollers (singles) weren't bearing style, they were VERY
coarsely made (bushing style) with lousy rolling characteristics.
Does anyone have one of these Homier jobs?

Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design