Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Westcountry

In article ,
Nightjar \cpb\@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
'''
Only drawback was negotiating Porlock Hill in SWMBO's Corsa - 998cc, 3
cylinder - 65 bhp! 1st gear at one stage!...

I recall some cars not making it at all, before such high power vehicles
were common.

I can just remember as a toddler going over the Devil's Elbow in a pre-war
Morris 8. It wouldn't make it in 1st, so my father reversed up it. The
road layout was changed not long afterwards so the worst part was not so
steep. The old one got very close to 1 in 1.

--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.