Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas on killing ants.

Steve B wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message
"Molly Brown" wrote in message
First I would see what the ants were coming to then I would take it
away and put Grants ant traps in it's place. The ants would eat the
poison and die off in a few days. Now they still eat the poison but I
think they developed an immunity to it because they're not dying
anymore. Anyone else have the same problem? Maybe if I injected some
kind of poison through a long thin tube directly into their nest. Any
ideas

Hi Molly,
Go here for instructions on making and using borax to kill them. Works
extremely good especially when you have no idea exactly where the nest is.
The ants themselves will take it back to the nest and wipe it out in 2 or
3 days. Works for us!
http://www.ehow.com/how_4881566_make...-ant-bait.html
Larry

I get to use my Monthly Dumb Question Coupon:

Where do I buy borax? I'm sure I could just go to some stores, and look
around, but I live in the country, and I'd like to save on gas, and find out
before I go driving all over.

I remember Boraxo soap from when I was a kid. I think they sponsored Death
Valley Days, with Ronald Reagan as announcer. Did I remember that right?

Steve

Drug stores should have borax. Any hardware that sells insecticide
probably has some brand of borax/sugar bait.....it is an old generic
formula and inexpensive. If the ants are "grease ants", need to mix
bait with something fatty....rich pastries are fantastic (not kidding)
and easy to mix with the bait.