Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It Begins

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:46:11 -0700, Fairy Tales Aren't Real
wrote:

You have made the Claim that most atheists have an open mind. Period.
And of course most Religious are locked into their religion. Thats a
given, and not just Christians. There are loads of religions besides
Christians.

Um... yes, as I said about 6 paragraphs up. It went like this:

How would you classify someone who kills someone else because they
believe it is the will of their god? Jews killing Muslims. Christians
killing Jews. Muslims killing Christians. All because their view of [the
same] god is the "correct" one. How's that's NOT dangerous??? blink, blink

So which God did the Soviets and Red Chinese follow, when they murdered
some 175,000,000 of their own people?

Hummmm???

As Ive mentioned before..Atheism is no more and no less than just
another religious belief system.

Repeating it yet one more time doesn't make it any truer than it was
last time. Please provide substantiation of the codification of atheism,
beyond just repeating it.

Who ever claimed Atheism is "codefied"?

You did. In saying it's a religious belief system. By definition,
religious belief _systems_ are codified. You also stated there's some
kind of "atheist gospel" which would also be a claim that atheism is
codified.

It may be YOUR definition, but its hardly a universal one.
Please do try harder. Your buffoonery stands high amongst so many
buffoons.

cod·i·fy (kd-f, kd-)
tr.v. cod·i·fied, cod·i·fy·ing, cod·i·fies
1. To reduce to a code: codify laws.
2. To arrange or systematize.

But its obvious to the outsider.

Please point me to this "atheist gospel" that's so obvious to everyone
else.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...finitions.html
http://www.yourdictionary.com/atheist

Lots more if you would care to ask. Im not sure where you came up with
the "atheist gospel" concept..but its simply as buffoonish as the rest
of your post.

You seem to verify most of my points, though you attempt to use the fact
that "christians" are locked into their beliefs while attempting to
minimize the fact that so are atheists.

No one ever claimed that the religious are NOT locked into their
bleeves. You on the other hand...make the attempt to avoid admitting
that atheists are also locked (and often as ferverently and militantly
as bleevers) into theirs.

Read The Intention Experiment wherein atheists are truly and earnestly
trying to figure out how "good vibes" sometimes work better than prayer.
Metaphysical matters like that are avoided like the plague by the
religious, yet actively explored by atheists. How is seeking the truth,
no matter how "weird" it turns out to be, "locked into a belief system?"
How many Christians/Jews/Muslims do you suppose would ever earnestly seek
the answer to why prayer is at times less effective than "good vibes?"

Prayer works. Good vibes work. Why? See, once you start hinting at
the fact that good vibes work even without a belief in a god, then you
have to start down the path to what role does god play in answering
prayers? The answer comes back, "apparently nothing." Not something
religious folk want to hear.

Who asked the question? Are you sure the answer is that one? I see you
have never seen a "miracle" happen. Many many people have. I cant say
that I have or have not. Its not germane to this conversation.

While your post is interesting for the outsider to help understand the
Atheist mindset..your denial is rather pitiful.

What denial? That there's some kind of codified religious belief
system for atheism? I've never seen an "atheist gospel," and don't
believe one exists. Since you keep stating that it does, maybe you can
provide a link.

Shrug

Indeed.

There you go with that "atheist gospel" thingy. I dont have a clue where
the hell you drug that up from. But it certainly doesnt help your case
whatsoever.

You may wish to look at the real world however...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...finitions.html
http://www.yourdictionary.com/atheist

If you need more cites, Ill be happy to supply them.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9