Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default unintended consequences

Don Foreman on Mon, 16 Aug 2010
00:47:43 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:05:52 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

RBnDFW on Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:15:28 -0500 typed
pyotr filipivich wrote:
RBnDFW on Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:20:18 -0500 typed
Wes wrote:

I read about 650 wpm and for the one time in my life, I envied those that read slow.
That's the single reason I'm glad I never learned to speed-read.
I do enjoy a good book, and regret when I get to the end.

The author of Shogun (et al) - I forget his name -

James Clavell, also wrote King Rat.

Right. That was about his experiences in the POW camps. Makes a
good point: People will get all mad at the wheeler dealer middle man,
but without him, there would be no "trade". The stuff they want they
would not get, nor would the stuff they have be available for others.
Don't knock the sales staff, without them the workers have no job
orders.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!