Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default dried hairs in varnish finish

john hamilton wrote:
In my second coat of clear matt polyurethane i've just seen a hair coming
from the brush that i didn't notice at the time of painting. It's now well
dried in.

Am I better to scrape it out with a knife or just rub it well down, or are
there any other tricks i should know about. Thanks

Very fine wire wool (0000 or 00000) once the varnish has dried should
sort it.
It is also quite effective to apply the final coat with a pad of wirewool.
I apply my final coats just before going to bed to miminise dust.

Bob